JOIN US FOR A SCENIC RACE
AT ONE OF THE JERSEY SHORE'S MOST HISTORIC LOCATIONS
Run The Hook is a 5K and 10K race for runners and walkers of all abilities. All participants receive a commemorative t-shirt, finisher gift, chip timed results, closed course in Fort Hancock, and access to the after party. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to Clean Ocean Action and participants have the option to raise additional money through Everydayhero! 100% of the additional funds raised will go to the charity. After the race, join us at the after party for celebratory food and libations!
Sandy Hook, NJ
Sunday, May 14, 2017
RUN THE HOOK
IS IN SUPPORT OF
- Improve programs and laws that protect public health at swimming beaches.
- Reduce plastics and litter that pollute waterways, spoil beautiful beaches, and harm or kill marine life including turtles, whales, seals, birds, and fish.
- Protect coasts from oil and gas drilling in the ocean, including Maine to Florida.
- Establish the nation’s first Clean Ocean Zone to start a national chain reaction for all coasts.
- Reduce toxins in waterways to ensure fish and shellfish are free of pollution and safe to eat.
- Educate and motivate citizens from the small to the tall.
Clean Ocean Action (COA) is a broad-based coalition of 125 active boating, business, community, conservation, diving, environmental, fishing, religious, service, student, surfing, and women’s groups. These “Ocean Wavemakers” work to clean up and protect the waters of the New York Bight. The groups came together in 1984 to investigate sources, effects, and solutions of ocean pollution. What follows is a description of the network.